8000LB Pro Stock Diesel 4x4 Rules
Contact for More Information
Rule Committee Members
|Temple Brizendine||Brandon Smoot||540-305-6875|
1. Engine Limitations
- Must run Diesel Fuel. (No nitrous or propane allowed)
- Must run a single turbo. Turbocharger: The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the compressor housing may be 2.6”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65-inch plug or internal calipers. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than 1/4 inch. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. 6.4 liter Power Stroke engines may utilize the factory twin-turbo configuration. 3.0 smooth bore turbos will be allowed to run.
- Must be an engine that was available in a 1 ton diesel pickup
2. Chassis, Body, and Powertrain
- Open Drivelines are permitted.
- No fiberglass body parts with the exception of the hood and tailgate
- Must be a factory style frame. No tubular chassis allowed. Any kind of bracing is allowed.
- Hitch will be 26 inches and no closer than 44 inches from center line of rear axle.
- Weight Frame can be no further forward than 60" from the center of the front rear.
- 158" Maximum Wheelbase
3. Tires and Wheels
- Tires must be DOT approved and limited to 35" X 12.50" max tire size (No cutting or grooving).
- Duals on the rear are allowed.
4. General Class Rules
- Test puller MUST return to 6th place if they decide to drop their pull.
- If any issues arise during the season the rule committee will meet and make a final decision.
- If caught cheating, the rules committee will decide the penalty which may include up to a one year suspension.
- Must be a Dragon Motorsports member to receive points.
- Truck must be equipped with a blow proof bell housing or transmission shields / blankets.
- Working kill switch with a 1" hole for a hook point at the rear of the truck,
- All U-joints must be fully shielded and all drive shafts must have rigid loops to catch the shaft in the event of breakage.
- All competitors must wear a helmet.
- Must have a cross in the exhaust pipe to stop made out of at least 3/8 inch round stock.
- Fire suits are recommended.
2016 Purse Structure